CPMA (Creative Performing Media Arts) Middle School Auditorium • Saturday, April 22, 2017
6:30-7 PM Ages 2-4 | 7-7:20 PM Andromeda | 7:20-8:30 PM Mariah | 8:30-9 PM Vikki | 9-9:30 PM Larisa
April 17-21 DURING EACH CLASS
Photos will be taken during IN-CLASS dress rehearsals, then uploaded to Tap Fever’s FaceBook page. Please feel free to share you own pictures from the show on our FaceBook & Instagram pages!
Performance Call Time
CPMA (Creative Performing Media Arts) Middle School Auditorium • April 23 • 2:00 pm
CLICK HERE to see the complete show order. Make sure to print a copy for yourself.
Performers, instructors, and volunteers will receive a comped ticket.
You MUST present your ticket at the door. ALL guests must purchase a general admission ticket for $15.
Avoid the line day-of show and get your tickets in advance!
• Purchase directly from Tap Fever through Friday, April 21st.
• Purchase tickets online through Saturday, April 22nd.
• Purchase tickets at the door on Sunday, April 23rd.
Getting Ready for a Show
HAIR: brush/comb, bobby pins, elastics, hair spray
- Hair should look neat and professional for all performances. There should be no wisps or loose strands. If your hair tends to fall out of elastics, use two. Plenty of hair spray usually does the trick to keep everything in place once it is secured. Use a comb or bristled brush on your hair after spraying for a smoothing effect.
- Use bobby pins that are close to your hair color to secure head pieces. A criss-cross method over straps and elastics tends to work very well.
- For a quick and easy, professional looking bun, here are a couple short video demonstrations:
MAKE-UP: face powder, brown eye shadow, black mascara, rosy lip gloss
- Use make up at your own discretion, but keep in mind that the purpose is to help your face stand out under bright lights and distances from the audience.
- Be very aware of your face when changing your clothes. We want to avoid having any make-up rub off onto your costumes.
- If you put a thin coat of Vaseline on your teeth, it will help remind you to smile!
COSTUMES: make a costume check-list for yourself and attach it to your garment bag
- All costumes & costume pieces should be kept together. Make sure your name is on everything!
- Undergarments should be flesh-colored, or match your costume so they don’t stand out.
- If you have a costume that is foldable and made of a non-wrinkle material, keep it in a zip-lock bag, along with it’s accessories. Keep the zip-lock inside your garment bag.
- If you have a costume that is large, or may wrinkle, keep it on a hanger in your garment bag, and put any associated accessories in a zip-lock bag inside the garment bag.
- Put a rubber band around each pair of dance shoes to keep them together inside your garment bag. Make sure your name is in each shoe as well.
- Borrowed costume pieces must be returned in the same condition they were received in.
BEHAVIOR: quiet, respect, neatness
- Talking must be kept to a minimum at all times. Do not touch other people’s property. Stay neat!
- When standing in the wings, if you can see the audience, they can see you!
- No messy snacks or beverages backstage… you don’t want to ruin anyone’s costumes!
- If you forget your steps, just improvise and keep dancing… it’s better than stopping.
- In order to maintain space, quiet, and privacy for performers, ONLY designated volunteers are permitted backstage. Parents can see their young performers during intermission.
You are welcome to bring phones, ipods, ipads, etc to record your dances during class. Make sure to practice at home, or with friends as much as possible.
Professionally made costumes will be ordered. A flat fee of $50 per costume needs to be collected before your costume is ordered. Your instructor will take your measurements during class. If you need nude tights, they are available from Tap Fever Studios for $7.
Video Download Directions
I (Larisa) use a FREE program called “Freemake Downloader“. There are many options online, but I really like this one a lot and use it frequently. Once the program is installed, it’s as simple as copying & pasting the YouTube link!